The safest and easiest way to request your medication is by signing up to SystmOnline and ordering online. Alternatively you can request your prescription in writing at the surgery or Telephone the NHS Prescription Ordering Line on 03004 211 215, Monday – Friday, 09:00 – 17:00 (please note this is a Gloucestershire wide service and is not based at Kingsholm Surgery).
You need to allow at least 2 working days for all repeat medications to be ready for collection. Please remember to allow additional time if you have asked that one of the pharmacies collects your prescription.
Other Important Prescription Information
- Requests for repeat prescriptions must be made in writing to avoid mistakes. We will not accept repeat medication requests over the phone at the surgery.
- We will not accept telephone requests.
- You can make an arrangement to have your prescriptions picked up and delivered by a local pharmacy. Please note this is your responsibility to organise, not the responsibility of the surgery.
- The contraceptive pill can only be prescribed by making an appointment to see the doctor or nurse, but emergency contraception may be prescribed over the phone if appropriate.
- With some minor conditions, such as conjunctivitis, cystitis, hay fever, you may be able to save a doctor’s appointment by seeing a local pharmacist. For more information, please visit our Treatment Room.
View the cost of prescriptions on the NHS website.
You can also find out if you are entitled to free prescriptions.